Mint is the collective name of lip -shaped mints/menTha. Although there are not many types, due to the variety of shapes in the species and extremely easy intercourse, there are long -term disputes in classification.In the past, there were about 15 species, and later subdivided into about 30 types (PlanTs of the World Online). The artificial cultivation varieties and hybrids are even more dazzling.This article introduces common species and varieties for reference for vanilla enthusiasts.
Figure 1.1 Mint
1. Mint/m. Canadensis, north -south, wide cloth, wild cultivation.There are two types of purple stems and cyan stems. The leaves are narrow and long, the leaves are flat, and there are obvious petioles; the flowers are deep purple or pale purple.Flower inflorescence.Rich mint and mint, the entrance has a "cool feeling".Tender stems and leaves can be used as vegetables, such as hanging batter fried, called "fried mint fish", crispy skin and fragrance of entrance, cooking enthusiasts may wish to try it.
Figure 1.2 Mint
Figure 1.3 Mint
Mint has a long history of cultivation in my country and a wide variety of varieties. Only mint production provinces in Jiangsu have arranged mint, red leaf head, white leaf smelly head, large leaf green species, small leafy yellow species. Brain and other products, now the names of these "soil flavor" have no sense of presence on today’s network, and they cannot find detailed information.Potted mint varieties are popular on the market, but most of them are mints of other species, while mints are called "earth mint", which seems to be a bit of a countertop.
Figure 2.1 Li Lanxiang
Figure 2.2 Wrinkle Leaf Li Lanxiang
2. Li Lanxiang/M. Spicata, also known as green mint, produces southern Europe, is cultivated in China or is wild.There are three main differences between mint: ① The leaves are nearly circular (the native leaves are extremely narrow), non -reciprocated or close to nonsense, bright green, and the surface is not as smooth as mint;The sequences of the mint will never be the case; ③ contains fragrant comicone, lemonine, rarely mint and mint, have special aroma, have no cooling at the entrance, and the taste and mint are significantly different.
Figure 2.3 Wrinkle Leaf Li Lanxiang
Figure 2.4 Wrinkle Leaf Lanxiang
What is more common in life is wrinkle leaf Lanxiang/m. SpiCata ‘CrisPata’. The cultivation variety of Liulan fragrance is sometimes regarded as an independent species.The leaf type changes large, the length of the length is different, but the leaf surface is uniform, with wrinkles, and the pulse is obviously sunken.You can make tea, make cocktails, etc. Domestic use of flavors or directly as vegetables is particularly popular in Yunnan and other places.In addition, the Dutch Mint/M. SPICATA ‘Spear’ is also a variety of cultivation of Ranlangxiang, and the leaves are also wrinkled.
Figure 2.5 "Ten Coriander" taken by netizens is very similar to wrinkled leaves Liulan incense
According to the article "Research and Utilization of Henan Ten Coriander Given Resources", the ten coriander that Henan people love to eat are also Zai Lanxiang.The level of this paper is average, and people’s teeth are not new, but the classification appraisal of ten coriander is roughly credible. The author must have seen Shi Coriander with his own eyes. It is not too outrageous.Netizens have taken and posted the "Ten Coriander" pictures on the Internet. Most of them are indeed Lilan incense or wrinkled leaves, but there are also some more like mint or other species. Details are unknown.
Figure 3.1 spicy mint
3. Mint/m. X Piperita, hybrids of water mint/m. Aquativea and Risan fragrance, native to Europe.The flowers are similar to the incense of the flowers, and the rotation umbrella inflorescence forms dense spike inflorescence on the top of the branch; the leaves have a small petiole, but the leaves are not or close to nothing;It does not contain fragrant rotone and lemonine, which is more like mint.In addition, it also contains stone bamboo, β-tadarne and lemonine, with pepper flavor, also known as pepper mint and pepper-like mint.
Figure 3.2 The leaves of various spicy mint varieties
Figure 3.3 grapefruit mint, a little fluff on the leaves
Figure 3.4 Chocolate Mint
Figure 3.5 Paee Leaf Pepper Mint/‘Lavandula’
Spicy mint is the most mint in commercial and horticultural applications. The variety is rich. The leaves grow freely. There are all kinds of tastes. The taste is different because of the variety. It is difficult to accurately identify.Mints sold by merchants, such as candy mint/’candy’, ancient dragon water mints/’citrata’, lavender mint/’lavandula’, chocolate mint/’chocolate’, grapefruit mint/’grapefruit’ and the like.Mint varieties, it is difficult to say whether the goods are right.
Figure 4.1 Apple Mint
Figure 4.1 Pineapple Mint
4. Apple Mint/M. SuaveLens, FOC is called round leaf mint. It is originally produced in my country and Europe.Leaves are often non -reciprocated, round, ovate, or long ovate, sparsely pour on the surface, a bit "furry, fleshy"; wheel umbrella inflorescence is densely intensive into cylindrical ears in the stems and branches., The lower 1-2 rounds of umbrella flowers are interrupted.There are also spots of leaf variants. The leaf margin has a wide milky white spots, and the product is named pineapple mint/var. Variegata.Can eat, familiarity is available.
Figure 5.1 Lip Mint
Figure 5.2 Lip Mint
Figure 5.3 Champagne Mint
5. Lip mint/m. Pulegium, sometimes transliterated as general mint, native to China Europe and West Asia, and cited the cultivation of my country.The leaves have a short handle, the leaves are ovate or ovate, and the umbrella flowers are far away from each other. It feels like "one section and one section", and the style is more unique in mints.Champagne mint/‘champagne’ is a cultivation variety of lip mint. It has a smell of champagne like champagne. The color of the stems will vary with the season. When the temperature is low, it may be purple -red, and the summer is turning green.
Figure 6.1 European Mint
Figure 6.1 European Mint
Figure 6.3 Silver Mint
6. Oion mint/m. Longifolia, produced in Europe, is widely cultivated for aromatherapy and medicinal plants, and my country is introduced.Stems upright, multi -branched, high can reach 100 cm; leafless or lower leaves have short handle, ovate to long -circular lanceolate or lanceolate, sparsely sprinkled on the surface, and then gradually fall off without nearThe hair of the hair is densely piloted on the back of the leaves;There is a cultivation of silver mint/silver ‘, and the leaf surface is densely fluffed.
Figure 7.1 Coscorite Mint
Figure 7.1 Coscorite Mint
7. Cosca Mint/M. Reguienii, originally Kohjia Island and other places.The creeping herbal is usually slippery. The leaf is 2-7 mm long, and the plant height is not more than 10 cm. One or two small peanuts are in the axillary of the leaves.Stepping on the yin and dying can be cultivated for paving plants. Stepping on it will emit mint fragrance.It can also be used for cooking seasonings. The taste is soft and can be grinded into sauce with leaves.
Figure 9.1 Water Mint
Figure 9.2 Water Mint
Figure 9.3 Lemon Mint
Figure 9.4 Lemon Mint
8. Water mint/m. Aquativea, originally produced in Europe, likes humidity, often grows on the edge of the water or water.Stems are green or purple, hairless or hairy, leaves are ovate or ovate lanceolates, green or purple; wheel umbrella inflorescences are densely inflorescences at the top of the stems and branches."" ".Lemon Mint/M. Citrata in FOC, also known as Lemon Lilan fragrance. According to new research, it should be a variety of water mint. It is said that there is a lemon aroma.The variety named "Citrus Mint" also belongs to this species.
Figure 9.1 field mint
Figure 9.2 field mint
Figure 9.3 Banana Mint
Figure 9.4 Banana Mint
9. Tianye Mint/M. ARvensis. This Latin name was used to refer to domestic wild mint or mint. It is still used so far.There is no wild in China.Plant shapes are very similar to mint/m. Canadensis. It is difficult to distinguish by the appearance, as if there are more hair on the field of mint leaves.There are cultivated varieties of banana mint/"banana ‘, with banana flavor.
Figure 10.1 Ginger Mint
Figure 10.2 Ginger Mint
10. Ginger Mint/M. × Gracilis, field mint/m. ARVENSIS and Liu Lanxiang/M. Spicata, Vietnam Mint and Scotland Mint (misunderstood the scientific name M. × Racilis, in fact, I wrote one less one less.g) It is also it. It is said that it has a slight ginger flavor, so this is the name.The appearance of the plant and the inflorescence is similar to mint. It is said that the chemical composition and odor are more like a fragrant incense, and it is unknown to more detailed Chinese information.If you want to identify it accurately, I am afraid that you have to taste the taste of ginger.
OK, let’s introduce these 10 kinds. Only a small part of the cultivation of mint has been written, which has dizzy.Mint has a variety of plant traits, and there are many sub -species, varieties, varieties, etc. Professional appraisal should be distinguished by the details of flowers and fruits. It only looks at the same as the branches and leaves, which is difficult to distinguish.Still, this article is for reference only, broadening the horizon.